Late Night Summer Block Parties
Friday, June 19, 2009 | 6 p.m. to Midnight
Friday, June 19, the Arts District in downtown Dallas will be up a little later as the Crow Collection of Asian Art, Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) and the Nasher Sculptur Center host Late Night Summer Block Parties. All three museums will be open from 6 p.m. to midnight. Admission to the DMA is $10; the Crow and Nasher are free.
Block Parties activities include food, films, tours, DJs and a lot more.
Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Food: Sake tasting at the Crow – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Gallery III
- Performances: Bamboo flute by Shakuhachi Master Stan “Kakudo” Richardson – 9 to 10:30 p.m. in Gallery I
- Tours: Return of the Yellow Peril: A Survey of the Work of Roger Shimomura 1969-2007 – 8 p.m. in the Crow lobby
Dallas Museum of Art
- Dinner and Show: Dinner and drinks in the Atrium Cafe while watching The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: Ten Minutes from Now – 6 to 7 p.m.
- Performances: Retro foreign film soundtracks with DJ Wild in the Streets – 11 p.m. in the European Galleries
- Film: Pollock staring Ed Harris – 9:30 p.m. in the Horchow Auditorium
- Food: Atrium Cafe – until 10 p.m.
- Food: Late Night Friday Lounge in Seventeen Seventeen Restaurant – 6 to 10 p.m.
- Food: Ice Tea with a Twist – 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 at Seventeen Seventeen Restaurant
- Tours: Spotlight on the Collections – 9 p.m. at the main visitors desk
- Late Night Open Lab: Artwork Soundtracks – 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. in Tech Lab, Center for Creative Connections
- Fresh Ink – 7 p.m. in Horchow Auditorium
- Creative Challenges – 8 to 9 p.m. and 10 to 11 p.m. in the Center for Creative Connections
- Late Night Art Bytes: Young Filmmakers – 9:15 to 10 p.m. in the Theater, Center for Creative Connections
- Late Night Open Mic – 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. in the Theater, Center for Creative Connections
Nasher Sculpture Center
- Tours: Highlights from the Nasher Collection – 7 p.m. in the Nasher
- Tours: Viewing of James Turrell’s Tending, (Blue) – 8:30 p.m. in the Nasher
- Film: Mamma Mia starring Meryl Streep – 9 p.m. in the Garden
- Food: Nasher Cafe by Wolfgang Puck – 6 – 10 p.m.
Outside the Museums
- Late Night Main Stage featuring Inner City All-Stars – 8 to 9 p.m. in the Ross Avenue Plaza
- Late Night Soundtrack Karaoke with DJ Mark Ridlen – 10 to 11:30 p.m. in the Ross Avenue Plaza
- Dallas Observer Appearance – 6 to 11 p.m. on DMA Concourse
- Glass Artist Demonstration with Jeff Zorn – 7 to 9 p.m. at Flora Street entrance to DMA
- Summer Spotlight Snack Sensation – 8 to 11 p.m. at Ross Avenue Plaza