Border Art Biennial 2010
November 14, 2010 – February 13, 2011
The El Paso Museum of Art and the Museo de Arte de Ciudad Juarez announce the Border Art Biennial 2010, the first juried exhibition to examine and highlight the often under-represented, but vital art and artists from the states on the US/Mexico border: Arizona, Baja California, California, Chihuahua, Coahuila, New Mexico, Nuevo León, Sonora, Tamaulipas, and Texas. To emphasize the notion of collaboration, each Museum will exhibit one of two artworks by every artist selected. All works included will be reproduced in the accompanying exhibition catalog.
- Rita Gonzalez, Assistant Curator in the Department of Contemporary Art at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Itala Schmelz, Director at the Museo de Arte Carrillo Gil
- September 1– January 31, 2010- Exhibition entries accepted
- February – March 2010 – Judging of entries
- April 5, 2010 – Acceptance notifications sent
- October 18 – November 3, 2010 – Delivery of accepted artworks to EPMA/MACJ
- November 14, 2010 – Exhibition openings
- February 13, 2011 – Exhibitions close
- February 16 – March 4, 2011 – Artists pick up artworks at EPMA or MACJ.
Click on the link below to create a username and password and apply to the exhibition.
For more information contact Katherine Smith at (915) 532-1707.