In celebration of its summer exhibition, Babar’s Museum of Art, the Tyler Museum of Art is publishing a free Babar program “passport” for young visitors to the exhibition and related events and activities. You may pick up your own copy of the twenty-page Passport at the TMA and other community organizations who are hosting Babar events beginning Saturday, May 1.
Designed to look similar to a United States passport, the TMA’s “passport” lists information about the summer of Babar, including a calendar of events, community partner organization information, and event descriptions. Participants are encouraged to use their “passport” as a guide and will be able to receive stickers at all participating venues. Fill your “passport”, and you can enter to win a grand prize drawing at the close of the exhibition.
How the Passport Works
- Pick up your “passport” at the TMA or any of the partnering organizations.
- Read to discover events and activities.
- Attend the events you like, and ask to receive your sticker when you go.
- Fill up all the pages in your “passport”, and experience a summer filled with excitement and education!
- Fill out your entry form and return to the TMA to be entered to win a prize at the end of the exhibition.
- Keep your “passport” and remember all the fun you had with Babar!
“Passports” may be picked up at the following locations: All Saints Episcopal School; Bernard Restaurant; The Caldwell Zoo; Discovery Science Place; The Lindale Library; Cameron – J. Jarvis Troup Municipal Library; Tyler Civic Theatre; Tyler Public Library; and the Tyler Museum of Art.
The Tyler Museum of Art, accredited by the American Association of Museums, is located at 1300 S. Mahon Ave., adjacent to the Tyler Junior College campus off East Fifth Street. Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. (The Museum is closed Mondays and major holidays.) For more information, call (903) 595-1001 or visit www.tylermuseum.org.