Looking for something new to do in 2011? The El Paso Museum of Art is looking for volunteers, from college students to retirees, to become tour guides, also known as docents. Classes are free, and no previous knowledge of art is necessary. Docents have a desire to learn and share information about the arts and humanities, enjoy working with youth and adults, can devote four months to training sessions now, and commit to giving tours after training is successfully completed. Bilingual skills are welcome but not required.
Classes are on Mondays, 9:00-11:00 a.m., from February 7 through May 16, 2011.
- The El Paso Museum of Art’s permanent collection
- Early Italian Renaissance to High Renaissance Art
- Spanish Viceroyal Art and Retablos
- Early American Art and American Modernism
- El Paso, Santa Fe, and Regional Art
- Impressionism, Surrealism, Abstract Art, Cubism, and Minimalism
- Sculpture and Contemporary Art
Join a fun and creative group of museum supporters while helping area students appreciate and look at art in new ways. Trained docents receive a complimentary membership to the museum as well as free parking during trainings and tour visits.
For more information and to apply, please call (915) 532-1707 ext. 23 or email Laura Zamarripa, Assistant Education Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.