February 12-27, 2011
Submission Deadline is January 28, 2011.
500X Gallery, Texas’ oldest artist-run space, hosts one of North Texas’ most anticipated annual juried competitions. EXPO 2011 is open to all artists over the age of 18 living in Texas. All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment).
About the Juror
Marty Walker is the owner of Marty Walker Gallery. The gallery is committed to exhibiting contemporary art by mid-career and emerging artists. The gallery’s formal program is focused on inventive use of materials and/or process-oriented works as well as outstanding works in video, photography, sculpture and painting. Marty Walker Gallery collaborates with numerous national and international institutions, museums and galleries to bring dynamic and challenging work to Dallas. In addition, the gallery strives to cultivate awareness and education in contemporary art providing guidance and assistance to private and corporate collections, and welcomes individuals new to collecting art. For more information, visit www.martywalkergallery.com.
- To submit work, please visit http://500x.slideroom.com
- The exhibition is open to all artists over the age of 18 living in Texas.
- The entry fee is $30 for up to 5 images (includes details of work).
- All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment).
- Artists will be notified via email Wednesday, February 2 by 8pm if the work has been accepted into the exhibition. If you do not receive an email, your work has not been accepted.
- Work must be exhibition ready (with securely attached D-rings, cleats, etc). Works without hanging hardware will be rejected, not included in the exhibition, and there will be no refund of the entry fee.
- Complex installations will be considered only if the artist is available to install.
- *Securely label each work with your name, title of work, media, dimensions, date of execution, and price.You will be asked to fill out a form with this information for our records again on site.
- The gallery retains a 40% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- January 3-28, 2011: Submission of work online at http://500x.slideroom.com
- February 2, 2011: Accepted artists notified by 8pm
- February 5 & 6, 2011, 2-5pm: Artists drop-off work
- February 12, 2011: Expo Opens (Opening Reception: 7-10pm that evening)
- February 27, 2011: Exhibition Ends
- February 28 & March 1, 2011, 5-7pm: Artists Pick-Up Work
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
2011 SPRING SCHEDULE
Scott Hilton and Imprints: Three Generations of 500X, curated by Leslie Murrell
Upstairs Gallery: Bernardo Cantu
Opening: January 15, 7-10pm
Opening: February 12, 7-10pm
Shelby Cunningham and Thomas Feulmer
Opening: March 5, 7-10pm
Rebecca Carter and Mark Collop
Opening: April 2, 7-10pm
April 30-May 22
Matt D. Clark, Clayton Hurt, and Joel Kiser
Opening: April 30, 7-10pm