This should be no surprise to anyone in the Texas right now, but a number of museums will be closed Wednesday, February 9, 2011, due to winter weather. Ice and snow are expected for the northern region of Texas.
The following museums have already announced closures today:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art in Fort Worth, Texas
- Crow Collection of Asian Art in Dallas, Texas
- Dallas Museum of Art in Dallas, Texas
- Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth, Texas
- Log Cabin Village in Fort Worth, Texas
- Museum of Nature & Science in Dallas, Texas
- Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, Texas
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Panhandle Plains Historical Museum in Amarillo, Texas
- Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Tyler Museum of Art in Tyler, Texas
As other museums announce closures, we will add them to the list. Be sure to call before you go.
The current weather conditions are only expected to last about a day. Most museums are expecting to be open on Thursday, Feb. 10.
Show Us Your Museum Snow Photos
If by chance you are out and about near one of our beloved museum, we would relish the opportunity to see your photos. Post your pictures to an online image site like Flickr and put the link in the comments below. You can also send us a Tweet at twitter.com/DallasArtNews.