What Would Andy Do?
LuminArte Design Gallery
August 6 through September 30, 2011
Andy Warhol was a genius who changed art, by changing the definition of what could be considered art. In this spirit, LuminArte Design Gallery at 1727 E. Levee Street, Dallas, Texas is celebrating Andy Warhol’s 83rd Birthday by exhibiting a talented group artists of all media whose work reflect Warhol’s pop sensibilities but from a fresh 21st Century perspective.
The opening reception and 83rd birthday celebration is at 8 p.m. on Saturday, August 6, 2011.
What Would Andy Do? is a multi-media exhibition of original paintings and video installations from over a dozen accomplished and innovative national and international artists including
- Jason Reynaga from Dallas
- Penelope Fox from Philadelphia
- Kathy Seaboyer originally from Novia Scotia and currently residing in Mexico
- Marisa Candaten originally from Australia now based both in Austin and Dallas
- Jim Lively from Dallas
- Gini Walker from San Diego
- Liz London from Dallas
- Christoph Fuhrken from Germany
The exhibition will be the public debut of the art video The Vegetable Can Insurgency of 2011 by Jim Lively.