Free event on Thursday, Aug. 25 from 6-9 p.m. will include complimentary wine and food pairings, local artists, art-themed demonstrations and more
Uptown Village at Cedar Hill is giving its monthly “Wine Walk” event an artistic spin. The shopping center will host a free “Wine & Art Walk” on Thursday, Aug. 25 from
6 to 9 p.m., sponsored by The Canterbury Episcopal School.
Uptown Village hosts “Wine Walk” events the fourth Thursday of each month, from May through September, with complimentary wine and food pairings for guests. In addition to the usual offerings, the art-themed event on Aug. 25 will feature local artists with their artwork on display. Guests will have the opportunity to meet the artists, browse artwork from an array of different mediums and enjoy art-themed demonstrations. The following artists and organizations will participate in the “Wine & Art Walk”:
- Marca Sue DeLacerda is a Cedar Hill resident and president of Visual Artists of Cedar Hill. A primarily self-taught artist, her whimsical works include pastels, block prints, mixed media collages and more. marcasue.com
- Linda Gilpin is a glass artist who creates many of her own molds using clay or fiberglass cloth. Gilpin will display her glass works and jewelry at the event and demonstrate how to make kiln-formed glass jewelry. artisanscollective.net/linda-gilpin.htm
- Bill Hall is a local artist who uses various forms of cement as a medium to create bas-relief images, varying from heavily textured impasto to smooth polished reflective surfaces. His artwork is featured in many private and corporate collections, including the Arlington Museum of Art in Arlington, Texas; Museum of Contemporary Art in Hot Springs, Ariz.; the corporate headquarters of MasterCard in New York and In-N-Out Burger in California, to name a few. williamhallart.com
- Franceska McCullough is a toothpick sculptor whose works are created by hot gluing 20,000 to
1 million toothpicks or more together. McCullough will perform a demonstration during the event with student artists from The Canterbury Episcopal School. www.toothpickmoon.com
- Audrey Nations is a 23-year old painter whose portfolio includes watercolor and oil on canvas works. She will perform a painting demonstration for guests during the event. audreynations.com
- Kelly Pevehouse is a local artist specializing in glass and mixed media. She has received several local awards for her artwork, including fourth place for mosaic tile at the 2010 State Fair of Texas and third place for mixed media at the Cedar Hill Arts Show in 2009 and 2010. kellysmixedmediaart.net
- Joyce Price is a local painter and owner of Whispered Inspirations Art Studio where she specializes in the design and creation of greeting cards. Mediums for her artwork include oil, acrylics, pastels, mixed media and watercolor.
- International Museum of Cultures, located in Dallas, will display its “Discovery Box Exhibits” at the “Wine & Art Walk”. internationalmuseumofcultures.org
A caricature artist also will be on site during the event to create free portraits for guests. In addition, representatives from Visual Expressions Art Gallery in Cedar Hill will attend with information for guests.
Guests at the “Wine & Art Walk” will be invited to sample a selection of wines at tasting stations located inside Coldwater Creek, Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop, Décor Market by Cancun Market, JS Boutique and Red’s Swagger. In addition, select restaurants will offer complimentary samples of their signature menu items, and many stores and restaurants will have special offers available for guests.
Reservations are not required to attend. On the day of the event, guests should check in at the Village Green, located across from Barnes & Noble Booksellers, to receive a commemorative wine glass; three drink vouchers for wine tasting; a map which will include the artists’ locations as well as designated wine tasting and food stations; and a goody bag with special offers from Uptown Village stores and restaurants. Check-in for the event will end at 8:30 p.m. Participants must be at least 21 years old, and will be required to provide a valid driver’s license. Space is limited for the event, so guests are encouraged to arrive early.
Uptown Village is located at 305 West F.M. 1382 in Cedar Hill. For more information, please visit uptownvillageatcedarhill.com or contact Guest Service at (972) 637-6301.
Uptown Village at Cedar Hill
Uptown Village at Cedar Hill is a 615,000-square-foot, open-air, regional lifestyle center located in Cedar Hill, Texas. Anchored by Dillard’s, Barnes & Noble Booksellers and Dick’s Sporting Goods, Uptown Village features a collection of more than 70 national and local retailers, specialty shops and restaurants. Uptown Village also features a variety of unique amenities including a Village Green with a performance stage and interactive fountain; a 2,000-square-foot children’s play area; and an oversized chess board.