Quick! Turn on your computers, iPads, iPhones and start bidding for the amazing art and luxury products offered at the 13th annual TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art benefiting the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) and amfAR. TWO x TWO’s annual benefit gala dinner and art auction has raised over $29 million in its 12 year history in support of amfAR’s AIDS research initiatives and the DMA’s contemporary art acquisition program.
Cindy and Howard Rachofsky have pushed the “going live” button for the online catalogue. Along with Melissa Meeks, TWO x TWO Director, they have assembled the most stellar collection for this year’s October 22 auction. And, you can bid online or leave absentee bidding and not miss out on treasures.
“Howard and I feel certain that thirteen will be our lucky number! With the gracious and outstanding donation by our honored artist Mark Grotjahn, along with donations of over 100 works of art by renowned artists and dealers from around the world, the 13th year of TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art will be one for the record books—fingers crossed,” said Cindy Rachofsky. “In addition to the catalogue preview, Sotheby’s will be hosting a VIP preview in New York on September 19. Our 2011 celebrity co-chair and Tony-award winning actor John Benjamin Hickey will be with us that night, too.”
TWO x TWO honoree Mark Grotjahn has produced a piece which has reached a new height in the value of an artwork offered at this annual auction – $650,000.
Other artists donating works to the auction include:
- Tony Cragg – will have a show at the Nasher Sculpture Sculpture Center
- Ervin Wurm – will have a show at Dallas Contemporary
- Thomas Struth – first U.S. show was at the Dallas Museum of Art
- Glenn Ligon – will have show at The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Nigel Cooke – has an opening at The Goss-Michael Foundation on October 21st (Nigel is attending TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art)
- Jim Hodges – is a past TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art honoree
- Matias Faldbakken – has an opening at The Power Station on October 21st
- John Gerrard – is attending TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art and is being recognized at the Tuesday, October 18th, TWO x TWO Preview Party for Dallas Museum of Art Members
- Eva Rothschild, Annette Lawrence and Terry Haggerty – are all represented in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium collection
2. Own it Now
The best way to ensure your “own” piece of art has a new twist. There are three top art experts offering their choices of items not to be missed:
- Howard Rachofsky’s Hidden Gems (TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art host)
- Jeffrey Grove’s Curator’s Choice (The Hoffman Family Senior Curator of Contemporary Art, Dallas Museum of Art)
- Allan Schwartzman’s Under the Radar (renown art curator for The Rachofsky Collection) http://2x2online.org/own-it-now. The particular selections will be marked with the corresponding icon caricature for Howard, Jeffrey, Allan.
3. Design Within Reach is the new design sponsor and has donated all the design auction lots including custom items perfect for today’s home. Take a guess where the TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art catalogue DWR images were shot?
Hint: All white Richard Meier house on Preston Road.
Answer: The Rachofsky House.
4. Luxury Packages
- A day with President Bill Clinton – Not only will you have one-on-one time with President Bill Clinton, but you will also be invited backstage as the celebrated orator delivers a speech, accompany him to events throughout the day, and get an inside look at his presidential office and the incredible work he does through the William J. Clinton Foundation. This is for two people and a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
- Meet fashion’s l’enfant terrible Jean Paul Gaultier when he makes his first ever trip to Texas to open the Dallas Museum of Art’s exhibition, The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk. You and a guest will join the legendarily charming Parisian designer for an intimate dinner at The Rachofsky House honoring Monsieur Gaultier on November 9, 2011
- Around the world with Mandarin Oriental Hotels – Experience the unique delights of four iconic cities with luxury accommodations for two at Mandarin Oriental hotels in Paris, New York, Las Vegas and Hong Kong.
- Calling all food fanatics… be the FIRST EVER to dine al fresco in the culinary garden at The French Laundry in the heart of the Napa Valley California. Ten guests will join legendary chef Thomas Keller for dinner in the exquisite French Laundry culinary garden. You and your guests will be in good hands as concierge Cindy Rachofsky will help coordinate your Napa plans. The luxurious Meadowood Napa Valley resort will be home for you and your guests for two nights.
- Escape to Capella Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, for four nights in a beautiful 4,500 square foot luxury villa with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Hillstone and R+D Kitchen – This special VIP card entitles you and your dining guests to a “no wait” greeting for one year at two of Park Cities’ best and busiest restaurants.
- Hadleigh’s – Dallasites and others with unique fashion statements that set them well above the ordinary. Once again, Hadleigh’s is pleased to participate in the TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art auction by offering a His and Hers formal combination worth up to $10,000. The offer includes an evening gown and dinner suit combination, and a special fitting with lunch catered by Hadleigh’s at Highland Park Village second-floor Atelier.