Dallas Auction Gallery will follow their $1.2 million dollar jewelry auction that was held on October 5 with an outstanding Fine and Decorative Art Auction on November 16. This sale will feature items from a local private collection and will include paintings by Victor Gilbert, Eugene Galien-LaLoue, G. Clausen, E. Hunt, Edouard Cleon Cortes, Rosa Bonheur, John Frederick Herring, Jr., and many more.
Adriane Crosland, Vice-President of Dallas Auction Gallery, said, “We are pleased to be offering an impressive collection of high end paintings in our November sale. Dallas Auction Gallery is always striving to bring fresh pieces to the market, and you will see just this in the November 16 Fine and Decorative Art Sale.” Along with the fine art, the auction will feature an impressive collection of R. Lalique crystal, jewelry from the estate of Katie Welder, over two hundred lots of Asian art and antiques, and fine silver.
Preview for this auction will begin on November 14th , and bidding will be available live, by phone, by absentee bidding, or online through liveauctioneers.com. Please visit dallasauctiongallery.com for a preview of this auction, and the complete catalog will be available on November 2.
Highlights of the November 16 auction include:
- Victor Gilbert, “Marche Aux Fleurs Pont Neuf” oil painting on canvas. Canvas: 29″H x 36.25″W’; Frame: 42”H x 49.5”W. Signed lower left, “Victor Gilbert”.
- George Clausen, “The Shepherd Boy: Sunrise” oil painting on canvas. Canvas: 28.25”H x 36.25”W; Frame: 35.25”H x 43.25”W. Signed lower right, “G Clausen”. Signed and titled verso. George Clausen (British 1852-1944).
- Edouard Leon Cortes oil painting on canvas. Canvas: 18.25”H x 21.75”W; Frame: 26.25”H x 29.5”W. Signed lower right, “Edouard Cortes”. Edouard Leon Cortes (French 1882-1969).
- Edgar Hunt, “Farm Yard Pets” oil on canvas, 20”H x 30”W; Frame: 28.75”H x 37.75”W. Signed and dated lower left, “E. Hunt ’99”.
- Eugene Galien-LaLoue, “Paris City Scene” gouache on paper. Site: 14.5”H x 21”W; Frame: 22.5”H x 29”W. Signed lower left, “E. Galien-Laloue”.
- Rosa Bonheur, “Grey Horse” oil painting on canvas. Signed lower left, “Rosa Bonheur”. Canvas: 26″H x 32″W; Frame: 34″H x 40″W. Re-lined.
- John Frederick Herring, Jr., “Farm Scene With Horses” oil painting on canvas. Canvas: 23″H x 33″W; Frame: 29.5″H x 39.5″W.
- R. Lalique “Carthage” clear blue glass vase, the stem accented by eight ribs, each adorned with a bird perched on a branch. Stenciled signature, “R. Lalique France”.
About Dallas Auction Gallery
A family-owned business, Dallas Auction Gallery is the Southwest’s premier antiques and fine art auction house. The Gallery offers only the highest quality antiques and fine art, as well as impeccable client service and effortless, seamless transactions for both buyers and sellers. DAG’s highly trained appraisers and auction specialists provide full-service estate consignment management and professional promotion and marketing, all designed to maximize values with the utmost integrity and personal service. Both buyers and sellers appreciate the Gallery’s hands-on approach, simplified fee structure, and ability to handle estates of any size. For more information, please visit dallasauctiongallery.com or call 214-653-3900.