The City of El Paso’s Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD) announces the 29th season of Music Under the Stars.
Concerts will be held Sunday evenings starting June 10, 2012, through August 12, 2012, with the exception of July 1, at the Chamizal National Memorial located at 800 South San Marcial Street. The Patriotic Celebration with fireworks finale will be held on Wednesday July 4, 2012. Grills are allowed at the park except at the inner part of the park known as the bowl. There is no smoking in the bowl area. Outside alcohol is not permitted at the park. Food, beverages, and alcoholic beverages will be for sale within the park. Glass containers or pets are NOT allowed.
- June 10 – Ivon Ulibarri and Café Mocha (Salsa/Merengue) Albuquerque, NM
- June 17 – Sunny Ozuna and the Sunliners (Oldies) San Antonio, TX
- June 24 – Grupo Fantasma (Latin Funk) Austin, TX
- July 4 – El Paso Wind Symphony (Patriotic/Fireworks) El Paso, TX
- July 8 – Yellow Dubmarine (Reggae Tribute to The Beatles) Baltimore, MD
- July 15 – The Grascals (Bluegrass) Nashville, TN
- July 22 – Sarah King and the Smoke Rings (Swing) Brooklyn, NY
- July 29 – Tropicalisimo Apache (Cumbia Tropical) El Paso, TX
- August 5 – The Big Easy (Motown) El Paso, TX
- August 12 – Mariachi Reyna de los Angeles (Mariachi) El Monte, CA
Park and Ride
Concert goers may park at the El Paso Zoo and take a shuttle to the park for free. Shuttle hours are 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
About Music Under the Stars
Music Under the Stars began in 1983 as a program of the City of El Paso Arts and Culture Department. The outdoor concert series features local and international musicians performing a variety of different rhythms, styles and musical influences and is currently one of the largest free music series in Texas.
For additional information call the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department at (915) 541-4481 or call the Chamizal National Memorial at (915) 532-7273.
Music Under the Stars is sponsored by OneMain Financial and supported by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
Please visit us on Facebook for weather cancellation information and performance updates, http://www.facebook.com/MusicUnderTheStars.