Do you want to perform at our September Late Night? For the second time, the Dallas Museum of Art is having a contest to choose our Late Night Main Stage act!
All you need to do is submit an acoustic, solo, or small group performance via video on YouTube. From these submissions we will choose several finalists, and the finalist videos will be voted on by our social media followers. The winner will be invited to perform at the September Late Night as our Main Stage Act.
Upload a video of your acoustic, solo, or small group music performance to YouTube and tag it with DMAContest. Performances must contain no swear words and must be under five minutes in length. Any genre of music is welcome.
After you upload your video to YouTube, send a link to publicprograms@DallasMuseumofArt.org with the subject line DMA Main Stage Competition. Please include in the e-mail your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
All submissions must be sent via e-mail by midnight on Saturday, August 18.
DMA staff will choose several finalists from the submissions. Finalists will be announced via the DMA website, Facebook, and Twitter pages on Friday, August 24. Our social media fans will vote for their favorite performance and the video with the most votes will be our winner. Voting will close on Friday, August 31.
The winner will be announced on Wednesday, September 5. DMA staff will contact the winner to invite them to perform during the Late Night on Friday, September 21. If that winner is not available for the live performance on that date at 8:00 p.m. we have the right to choose the next performer with the most votes to participate that evening.
The winner will be able to perform a 30- to 45-minute set for the Main Stage. Please keep in mind that if you are chosen to perform, you will only have 45 minutes to set-up and sound check before your performance begins.
By participating in the competition, you agree not to submit, upload, or post any video that
- libels, defames, invades privacy, or is abusive, profane, or threatening
- infringes on any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity
- falsifies or deletes author attributions, legal notices, or other proprietary designations
- violates any law
- advocates illegal activity
- knowingly contains viruses, corrupted files, or other materials that may cause damage to any computer system
- advertises or otherwise solicits funds or sales of goods or services
- contains lewd material or content inappropriate for viewing by children