The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth announced the line-up for the Fall 2012 Tuesday Evenings Lecture Series. The 2012 season includes artists David Dawson, Nicholas Nixon, Rosson Crow, KAWS, Gary Simmons and others. These lectures are held in the Modern’s auditorium and begin at 7 p.m. The Tuesday Evenings series brings artists, scholars, and critics to discuss their work each week during the spring and fall. The fall series begins September 11 and ends December 4, 2012.
Admission is free and open to the public. Free admission tickets can be picked up at the Modern’s admission desk beginning at 5 p.m. on the day of the lecture. Seating begins at 6:30 p.m. and is limited to the first 250 ticketholders.
A live broadcast of the lecture will be shown in Café Modern for any additional guests. The Museum galleries and Café Modern will remain open until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays during the series, (regular gallery admission charge applies). More information on each speaker will be sent at a later date and will be available at www.themodern.org.
New this Season!
Café Modern will be open for dinner on Tuesday nights during the lecture series.
Enjoy a fine dining experience before or after the lecture; seating is available from 5 pm to 8:30 pm. For reservations, call 817.840.2174 or visit www.themodern.org/cafe.
Revisit the insightful lectures from the Tuesday Evening lecture series or discover new ways to look at works in the Museum’s collection with the Modern Podcasts. Hear artists speak about their work, or listen to curators’ perspectives and discussions. Visit www.themodern.org or subscribe to our Podcasts on iTunes or using the RSS feed in your preferred program.
- September 11 – David Dawson, artist and longtime assistant and friend of Lucian Freud
- September 18 – Nicholas Nixon, artist
- September 25 – Rosson Crow, artist
- October 2 – KAWS, artist
- October 9 – Martin Gayford, art critic, writer, and subject of the painting Man with a Blue Scarf by Lucian Freud
- October 16 – Marlon Blackwell, FAIA, founder and principal of Marlon Blackwell Architect
- October 23 – Michael Auping, chief curator, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- October 30 – Gary Simmons, artist
- November 13 – Bruce Nauman, artist
- November 27 – Howard Rachofsky, art collector
- December 4 – Jenny Holzer, artist