Tuesday Evening Lecture Series
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
Tuesday, October 23, 2012, at 7 p.m.
Chief curator Michael Auping will headline the Tuesday Evening Lecture Series at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. The event will be held in the Modern’s auditorium on Tuesday, October 23, 2012, at 7 p.m. Admission to the event is free and open to the public. Seating begins at 6:30 p.m. for the first 250 ticketholders.
Michael Auping is the chief curator of the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. He worked with London’s National Portrait Gallery curator Sarah Howgate on Lucian Freud: Portraits, which is currently on view at the Modern through October 28. Auping contributed an essay to the exhibition catalogue and he interviewed the often reclusive artist. Auping will discuss his insights in to the exhibition and what he learned form the artist.
- October 16 – Marlon Blackwell, FAIA, founder and principal of Marlon Blackwell Architect
- October 23 – Michael Auping, chief curator, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- October 30 – Gary Simmons, artist
- November 13 – Bruce Nauman, artist
- November 27 – Howard Rachofsky, art collector
- December 4 – Jenny Holzer, artist
Past Tuesday Evening lectures can be found on the museum’s website at www.themodern.org.