The 2013 Texas Medal of Arts Awards (TMAA) will be presented March 5th at the Long Center for the Performing Arts in Austin, Texas. TMAA is the signature event of the Texas Cultural Trust Council. The event spotlights and celebrates creativity, talent and contributions by Texans. The awards honor artists and patrons.
The 2013 TMAA event is co-chaired by Kelli Blanton and Marita Fairbanks.
- Steve Miller – Music
- Ricardo Chavira – Television
- Joe Sears & Jaston Williams – Theatre
- James Surls – Visual Arts
- Houston Ballet – Dance
- Big Thought – Gigi Antoni – Art Education
- Gene Jones & Charlotte Jones Anderson – Individual Arts Patrons
- Kimbell Art Foundation – Foundation Arts Patron
- Texas Monthly – Corporate Arts Patron
Schedule of Events
- Monday, March 4th
- 6:00 p.m. – VIP Legislative Reception at the Blanton Museum of Art
- Tuesday, March 5th
- 11:00 a.m. – Stars of Texas Brunch
- 5:30 p.m. – Gala Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
- 10:00 p.m. – Starlight After Party
Tickest for the TMAA are $1000 per individual, which includes the Gala Dinner, Awards Show and Starlight After Party. Tickets for only the Awards Show and Starlight After Party art $75 per individual. Tickets can be purchased through the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
For tickets and more information visit www.txculturaltrust.org/tmaa.