The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza announced the 7th Annual CSI Family Day will be Sunday, March 10, 2013. The event is geared to give aspiring crime scene investigators the opportunity to learn modern investigative techniques for solving crimes. Museum visitors investigate a mock crime scene, review a police report about what happened, and perform forensic analysis.
The 7th Annual CSI Family Day is for children eight years and older, their parents and even adults without children interested in crime scene investigations. The first 500 children can create fingerprint IDs. All activities are included with paid admission to the museum, which is $16 for adults, $14 for seniors (65+), and $13 for children (6-18). Activities will be available from noon to 5 p.m. on the museum’s seventh floor. Advanced registration is not required.
The Sixth Floor Museum has partnered with the Dallas Police Department, the University of North Texas Forensic Science Program, and UNT’s Forensic Science Club.
The Sixth Floor Museum has been marking the 50th anniversary year of the Kennedy assassination with special lectures known as the Living History Series. Past events have include photographer Robert Jackson, Dallas Police Det. James Leavelle, news anchor and author Chris Matthews.
2013 Living History Series
- April 12-13 – Wilborn Hampton, United Press International reporter at the Dallas bureau
- May 11 – Major William F. Lee, served on “Death Watch” for late President Kennedy at the White House
- June 8 – Ernest McMillan, member of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee
- July 13 – Buell Wesley Frazier, drove Lee Harvey Oswald to work on Nov. 22, 1963
- August 24 – Dr. Thomas McConnell, medical officer of the day at the Pentagon
- September 13-14 – Walter Mears, Associated Press reporter
- October 12 – Ferd Kaufman, Associated Press photographer
- November 9 – Bill and Gayle Newman, closest eyewitnesses to the assassination
- December 6 – Kari-Mette Pigmans, Pan Am stewardess aboard White House press plane
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza chronicles the assassination and life of President John F. Kennedy. The museum also interprets the Dealey Plaza National Historic Landmark District and the John F. Kennedy Memorial Plaza. The Sixth Floor Museum is located at 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas, and is open Monday from noon to 6 p.m., and Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information visit jfk.org.