The El Paso Museum of Art invites applications to become a part of its gallery educator program. Volunteer gallery educators, also known as docents, should have an interest in teaching diverse audiences, a willingness to study American and European art history, and be able to commit to the program for one year following training. Previous knowledge of art is not necessary, but candidates must be able to commit to a six month training program in addition to fulfilling a minimum service requirement. Training classes meet once a week. Bilingual skills are highly encouraged but not required.
- Opportunities to gain and share information about art and art history
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of visitors of all ages
- Meet others interested in art and teaching
- Meet curators and artists
- Free membership to the Museum
- Subscription to Museum Newsletter and other mailings
- Access to training materials, articles on art history and teaching tips
- Advance notice of Museum programs and new exhibitions
- Discounts in the Museum Store
- Invitation to annual appreciation luncheon and holiday potluck social
The application process for Fall 2013 is now open! Please contact Dr. Elisabeth Sommer, Education Curator, to set up an appointment. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 915-532-1707 ext. 17
Applications close on August 12.