The San Antonio Museum of Art announced their Art History 101 lecture series. The monthly event will be on select Fridays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Art History 101 is free with paid museum admission.
Professor Annie Labatt, Department of Art History, UTSA, will lead patrons on a historical trip from cave paintings to French Romanticism. The lectures will be complemented by delicious food and drink. The museum promises no exams or papers for this educational experience.
Professor Labatt is a San Antonio native and graduate from Barnard College. She earned her PhD from Yale University. Labatt won the Rome Prize from the American Academy of Rome. She held fellowships at Dumbarton Oaks, Houston, and at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Art History 101 Schedule
Fridays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- October 18: Altamira – Cave Paintings and Prehistoric Art
- November 15: Nike of Samothrace – Greek Art
- December 6: Villa at Boscotrecas – Roman Art
- January 17: San Climent, Taull – Romanesque Art
- February 21: Sainte-Chapelle, Paris – Gothic Art
- March 7: Kariye Djami (The Chora) – Byzantine Art
- April 4: The Birth of Venus, Botticelli – The Renaissance
- May 16: The Calling of St. Matthew, Caravaggio – Baroque
- June 6: The Raft of Medusa, Gericault – Romantic Art
Always check with the San Antonio Museum of art for the latest schedule. Visit them online at www.samuseum.org.