MICHELE Watches is the Presenting Sponsor for First Look 2013 on October 24, from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm at The Rachofsky House. First Look is the highly anticipated Thursday night preview event for the TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art Gala.
MICHELE Watches will generously gift each First Look attendee with an exclusive MICHELE Carousel Watch with multi-colored numbers on the face and brightly colored watchbands, valued at $615. Two very lucky guests will win the “golden egg” and receive a MICHELE gold and diamond faced Carousel watch, valued at $2,000 each.
The circus themed event will be led by Ringmaster Todd Fiscus of TODD Events with the ever-popular, animated DJ Lucy Wrubel providing the soundtrack for the evening. Guests will stroll around the pool behind The Rachofsky House, while enjoying circus-themed games such as the Belvedere Ring Toss, Sprinkles Beanbag Throw, a Steve Wrubel-created photo booth and “Shoutz: Shake and Win” a mobile device game with prizes donated from Forty Five Ten, Avant Garden, Audi of America, Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Moët Hennessy.
The evening’s menu has been created and donated by Lombardi Family Concepts, with service donated by Cassandra Fine Catering. The menu will continue the evening’s circus theme by serving Lobster Lollipops with Sriracha Ketchup, Pretzel Chips with Foie Gras Mousse and Red Currants, Smoked Salmon “Ice Cream Cones” with Crème Fraiche and Caviar, and Mini Gourmet Brats with Dijonaise and Crispy Shallots. The Lombardi chefs will be manning a grill station offering Lollipop Lamb Chops with Arugula Pest and Shortribs with Brandy Sauce with Creamy Polenta. The Lounge 31 Sushi Chef will hand make a selection of signature sushi rolls and an iced seafood display will feature chilled shrimp and shucked oysters. A mobile wood-fired pizza oven will offer a number of pizzas.
Perfectly complementing the “Lombardi Circus Bites,” Belvedere Vodka will provide refreshing sips such as the Independent Lady, Mistletoe Martini, Belvedere Crimson Breeze and tongue-tingling Hocus Pocus Punch.
VIPs scheduled to attend Thursday night’s First Look preview party include:
TWO x TWO
- Cindy and Howard Rachofsky – TWO x TWO hosts
- Luc Tuymans – TWO x TWO 2013 honoree artist
- Melissa Meeks Ireland – TWO x TWO director
- Maxwell Anderson – DMA Director
- Kevin Frost – CEO, amfAR
- Tom Kennedy – Vice President, MICHELE Watches – Presenting Sponsor
- Jamie Niven – Chairman, Sotheby’s North and South America – Platinum Sponsor
- Chris Salgardo – President, Kiehl’s Since 1851 – 2013 amfAR Leadership Award recipient –Platinum Sponsor
- John Edelman – President, Design Within Reach – Design Auction Sponsor
- Christen and Derek Wilson – TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art Gala Chair (Christen Wilson)
- Jennifer and John Eagle – Aston Martin – Gold Sponsor
- Nasiba Adilova – editor, buro247
- China Chow – actress and model
- Noor Fares– jewelry designer, auction donor
- Eugenie Niarchos – jewelry designer, auction donor
Other artists attending
- Kathryn Andrews
- Carla Arocha (Luc Tuymans’ wife)
- William Binnie
- Tony Horton
- Nathan Hylden
- Alex Israel
- Otis Jones
- Alexander Kroll
- Stephen Lapthisophon
- Conrad Leach
- Emilio Perez
- Stephane Schraenen
- Jay Shinn
- Ken Solomon
As an extra treat, Uber will be offering a generous 20% discount off all rides to and from First Look.
Over the years TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art has partnered with many generous national and international sponsors. The sponsors for this year’s anniversary event include:
- Presenting Sponsor: Audi of America
- Platinum Sponsors: Dior, Kiehl’s Since 1851, Sotheby’s
- Gold Sponsors: AT&T, Inc., Aston Martin of Dallas, Chubb Personal Insurance, Dom Perignon, MICHELE Watches, Moët Hennessy USA, Neiman Marcus, Todd Events, US Trust, US Risk
- Art Sponsor: Waldman Bros. / Chubb
- Luxury Champagne and Cocktails: Moët Hennessy USA
- Tent Design: Todd Fiscus for Todd Events
- Auctioneer: Jamie Niven, Chairman, Sotheby’s, North and South America
- Live Auction Sponsor: Neiman Marcus
- Silent Auction Sponsor: AT&T, Inc.
- Design Auction Sponsor: Design Within Reach
- Valet Sponsor: Aston Martin of Dallas
- First Look Presenting Sponsor: MICHELE Watches
- Sunday Brunch Hosts: Amy and Vernon Faulconer, Cindy and Howard Rachofsky
- Sunday Brunch Sponsor: U.S. Trust
- Celebrity Travel Sponsor: Tim Headington on behalf of The Joule Hotel
- Entertainment Sponsors: Stephanie and John Roberts
- Silver Sponsors: Unified Fine Arts and US Art
- Media Sponsor: FD Luxe
- Catalogue Sponsor: Sotheby’s
- Financial Services Sponsor: Vontobel Swiss Wealth Advisors AG
- OWN it NOW Sponsor: Artsy
- Graphic Design and Printing Sponsor: Texas Graphic Resource Inc.
- In-Kind Sponsors : 24 FPS, American Airlines, Audi of America, Belvedere Vodka, The Buzzell Company, Calligraphic Arts, Inc., Cassandra Fine Catering, The Cultured Cup, DJ Lucy Wrubel, Displays Unlimited Inc., Ducky-Bob’s Event Specialists, Dude Sweet Chocolate, Empire Baking Co., Forty Five Ten, Number One, Debbie and Eric Green, Hadleigh’s, Marguerite Steed Hoffman, The Joule Hotel, Kiehl’s Since 1851, Lombardi Family Concepts, LULA HERSELF, Park Cities Hilton, PRO/SOUND, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Runyon Fine Arts, Safe Art SAT, Inc., San Pellegrino/Acqua Panna, Skyframe Inc., Stageworks, Strong Travel Services, Suite 206, Switch Lighting, Tom Ford, Uber, Whitewall Magazine
For more information, please visit www.twoxtwo.org.
About TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art
Since its inception, TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art has raised more than $40 million in support of essential AIDS research at amfAR and for the Contemporary Art Acquisitions Fund at the Dallas Museum of Art. TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art is the largest U.S. fundraiser for amfAR and the Dallas Museum of Art and is recognized as one of the top events in Dallas.
TWO x TWO FOR AIDS AND ART BENEFICIARIES
amfAR, founded in 1985, is dedicated to ending the global AIDS epidemic through innovative research. With the freedom and flexibility to respond quickly to emerging areas of scientific promise, amfAR plays a catalytic role in accelerating the pace of HIV/AIDS research and achieving real breakthroughs. amfAR-funded research has increased our understanding of HIV and has helped lay the groundwork for major advances in the treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS. Since 1985, amfAR has invested over $366 million in its mission and has awarded grants to more than 2,000 research teams worldwide. TWO x TWO is amfAR’s largest fundraiser in the United States. www.amfar.org
The Dallas Museum of Art, established in 1903, has an encyclopedic collection of more than 26,000 works spanning 5,000 years of history and representing all media with renowned strengths in the arts of the ancient Americas, Africa, Indonesia, and South Asia; European and American painting, sculpture, and decorative arts; and American and international contemporary art.
Proceeds from TWO x TWO support the DMA’s Contemporary Art Acquisitions Fund and exhibitions and have been used to purchase over 150 major works of contemporary art for the museum over the last thirteen years.
The Dallas Museum of Art is the anchor of the Dallas Arts District and serves as a cultural magnet for the city with diverse programming ranging from exhibitions and lectures to concerts, literary readings, and dramatic and dance presentations. The Museum serves more than one-half million visitors a year and offers more than 3,500 education and public programs annually, designed to engage people of all ages with the power and excitement of art. The Dallas Museum of Art is supported in part by the generosity of Museum members and donors and by the citizens of Dallas through the City of Dallas/Office of Cultural Affairs and the Texas Commission on the Arts. www.dallasmuseumofart.org